November 17, 2016
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
“Give thanks to the LORD call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.” 1 Chronicles 16:8-9
We hope that this Thanksgiving you will be celebrating with your family and close friends. Thanksgiving is a traditional holiday for Native people. We think of the Plymouth colony as the first Thanksgiving, but we know historically that a time of thanking Father Creator for a bountiful harvest and for His creation were celebrated throughout the Americas.
You can make this Thanksgiving very special. —
Around your Thanksgiving table pray by:
- Thanking the Lord for all He has done in your life- family, friends, your home, your very life, your salvation.
- A special prayer for the Gospel to be effectively presented to Native Americans and that the Holy Spirit would reveal Christ’s love for them!
This Thanksgiving, please pray about making a special gift to the discipleship training of Native Americans.
The following are specific needs we have right now:
- DSLR Camera – $300.
- Scholarship fund – A gift of $250. will help Native leadership stay for a week long discipleship training at “Warriors Path”
- Part time salary for website, technical, and illustration support – A pledge of $200. per month will give us staff support for Warriors for Christ Online ministries / see–https://www.youtube.com/user/WFCrejoice
- Chart room – for polyurethane for floor – $55. With this we will be ready to move in
- Ongoing monthly support – Will you make a pledge of $100. per month?
Just visit www.wfconline.org — at the top of the page click on “You can Help” – then, click on the “Donate” button at the bottom of the page and use our secure site to make your pledge via PayPal.
This Thanksgiving, reclaim this special day and remember your many blessings by giving thanksgiving to our Lord.
“‘Give thanks to the LORD, call on His name. Make known His deeds among the peoples; make them remember that His name is exalted.’ Praise the LORD in song, for He has done excellent things; let this be known throughout the earth.” Isaiah 12:4-5
In His Service,
Gordon E. Shadburne