“He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Luke 10:2
LIGHT FOR THE PATH
He gives strength:
“Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”- Isaiah 40:28-31(NIV)
In the world we live in; from our world economic problems, to our Nation’s homes breaking up, we can still live with HOPE, because we can depend on our Father Creator’s love for us. His love does not change, and He does not grow weary.
Can we have hope in this “everlasting Love” ? –YES!
Let us not be like “youths” depending on our own wisdom and abilities, because they can fail. Our hope, and strength, will be renewed as we depend on the Lord. Then we will run without growing “weary” and we will not “faint”.
WARRIORS FOR CHRIST NEWS
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! – Many of you have heard of the needs of Warriors for Christ and have given generously. Recently, we have received gifts for:
- Complete insulation and sheet rocking of the Discipleship Center. In addition, we installed a woodstove. Thank you Roger for supplying the materials and thank you Brooke, Ben and Trent for your labor.
- Replaced the DSLR camera so that we can continue to make YouTube videos and take photos for the ministry to enhance our material and document activities.
- Paint for the interior living spaces of Warrior’s Path and for the exterior
- An electric stove
- 2 oil heaters for the Center
- 1 week of discipleship training at Warrior’s Path through the scholarship fund
In addition, several of you have decided to partner with us by providing a monthly gift.
Warriors for Christ Discipleship
- Walking the New Path discipleship course: We are currently exploring the possibility of also putting Walking the New Path on Kindle to make it more accessible and cost effective. What do you think of this idea? Do you think that most people have the technology – tablets, smart phones, and laptops? We would like your input on this. In addition, we are adding more illustrations and pictures.
- Reaching Out: We are reaching out to Native Pastors on reservations and in urban areas to bring discipleship training to Native churches. It is our goal to provide training workshops in Native churches, to see lives changed, empowered by His Word, and then leave Walking the New Path, so those who have been through the training can disciple others. We could use your help with travel expenses for this outreach.
If you are a part of a Native church, give information to your Pastor about Warriors for Christ. We are available for discipleship training in your church, or at the Warrior’s Path – Warriors for Christ headquarters in Port Townsend, WA.
- Prison Ministry: The prison ministry continues to grow and we continually are getting requests for materials, pen pals, and Could you help to write letters of encouragement and pray for those in prison? Could you pay for copies of Walking the New Path to be placed in prisons? Please let us know if you would like to bring Christ’s hope to those that are in a hopeless situation.
- Warriors for Christ outreach: Be a part of helping Warriors for Christ minister in your church. Whether a Sunday morning service, weekend workshop, or a week long discipleship seminar, WFC would love to share Christ’s hope for the Nations to your church, reservation, or with a group of family and friends. Please share our Facebook and Youtube with your friends and family.
Warriors for Christ Online
- Warriors for Christ Online YouTube channel: Our WFC channel is up and running. You can go to the channel and the playlist Walking the New Path. Currently, we have finished Lesson 1, Finding the New Path, and Lesson 2, Who is Father Creator. This week, we will start filming Lesson 3, Jesus Christ – Son of Father Creator. These life changing videos can be a training tool for disciplers, for small group discussion, or for the general public. They can be used on the reservation, and in urban areas.. The videos have been well received. In addition, we have the Light for the Path These are topical studies. In the future, we will be adding Native testimonies.
- With the help of Roger Houle we are near completion of the fellowship hall of the discipleship center. The insulating is almost done. the wood stove has been installed. next the sheet rock will go up. If you live in the area and would like to help, let us know. We also want to thank Pastor Ron Bolt for supplying 2 oil based heaters.
- We have been given a special gift from Shahayla and Brenden Winger to paint the main building. Can you help with this project? This would be a great summer mission project for your youth, Men’s group, home group, etc. Or grab some friends and just come. Phone us so we can make arrangements. We are located just outside of Port Townsend WA with great recreational opportunities including the Olympic National Park, sailing, etc.
- As we develop the Warrior’s Path we have increased maintenance needs. We invite you, your family, and church to come by and lend a hand. It can also be a fun time for horseshoes, campfire, outside Gathering Place, etc. Some lodging is available.
- We are making plans for a training time with a Crow Pastor at the Warrior’s Path.
(Below is an excerpt of the Warriors for Christ discipleship course, Walking the New Path. Each newsletter we add a new section each newsletter.)
(LESSON 7, Talking with your Father Creator – Prayer, Part 2)
- Four basic steps of prayer (Praise, Thanking, Confession and repentance, and Petition)
A good order for your prayer time is to start with praise, and then thank the Lord for all He has done and is doing in your life. Then, confess any sins or wrongs that you have done, asking Him through Jesus Christ for forgiveness. Then end with requests for yourself and for the needs of others.
When you “praise God,” you are remembering who He is; you are praising His character: His love, holiness, mercy, faithfulness, His creation of earth, and all living things. You can give praise (adoration) to your God individually or together with other Christians, either in silence or verbally. Praise Him through your worship in song or in words of praise.
Praise Him in truth and knowledge. Do this by knowing who your Father Creator is through understanding His Word. Even when problems hit your life, you can praise God for who He is, rather than going by your situation and your feelings.
“David praised the LORD in the presence of the whole assembly, saying, “Praise be to you, O LORD, God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is Yours.” – 1 Chronicles 29:10-13
“Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.” – Psalms 150:6
“Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. ” – Hebrews 13:15
“give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Use the book of Psalms and join David in praising the Lord. Often David related trials he is going through, but the psalm would end in praising Father-Creator for His faithfulness.
“Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits—” – Psalms 103:2
“I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.” – Psalms 69:30
What can you praise Father Creator for?
NATIVE PRAYER REQUESTS
- “ I just met a dear soul who was overwhelmed with hurts and depression. I gave her a hug and told her to trust Jesus for help. Please pray for this sweet lady protection from evil and deliverance from depression. Thank you.”
- “My Father in heaven please stop our divorce from happening and we can be reunited together again. Please Father soften my wife’s heart and guide us to communicate again with each other. Please return us to the kindness happiness, the caring, sharing and the love we had. Please grant what I ask Father. I ask this through Christ Our Lord Amen.”
- ” Please pray for God’s light to overcome the darkness of alcoholism that is of an epidemic scale on Pine Ridge,SD – home of the Lakota Nation. An organized group will have a hearing before the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission tomorrow, April 6th, to present the facts that could lead to revoke the licenses to sale alcohol in 4 liquor stores in Whiteclay, NE, which is directly across the border of Pine Ridge, a dry community. Whiteclay has a population of 12, and those liquor stores’sole existence is to sale alcohol for profit to the tribal Pine Ridge members, and directly is destroying the lives of all who live there.”
- ” Urgent request please for the Lord to provide the ability to pay past due bills and expenses and also provide a new vocation where I can use my gifts and talents to minister to others and bring Him glory. I have long been a Christian but I am filled with fear, worry
and stress. Thank you.”
- ” Please bring this family back together. Missy, Joe & Madison. Work a miracle in their lives and let them all move back home together as a family. Let there be forgiveness and love and joy. Stop this fighting and anger. Thank you.”
WARRIORS FOR CHRIST NEEDS
§ Please pray for open doors as we reach out to Native Pastors in the Northwest. We want to expand Warriors for Christ by recruiting and training Regional Directors to represent Warriors for Christ. Their main responsibility will be going to Native churches to provide discipleship training.
§ We can use your help to follow up questions and prayer requests on Facebook and volunteer to help with general office, maintenance of Warrior’s Path, and website support. Areas you can help Warriors for Christ: Website Word press, prison ministry, prayer board and many more. Just ask how you can be involved.
We need your financial help in several areas :
· $500. – Tires – We need to retire this debt ASAP
· Warrior’s Path Scholarship fund – discipleship training at the WFC headquarters – $250 per week per person
· Travel expenses for discipleship training to Native churches -we need your financial help. Our costs include: Walking the New Path discipleship course at $35. per set, and the cost of food, lodging, and transportation.
Please look at the list of opportunities above, and pray about which needs the Lord would have you fill by partnering with Warriors for Christ through your service and/or financial gifts.
1. Make a monthly pledge, or a onetime gift, by using the enclosed envelope.
2. Visit www.wfconline.org and use our secure site to make your gift through PayPal.
WARRIORS FOR CHRIST
Warrior’s Path: 7026 Highway 20, Port Townsend WA 98368
Phone: 1-360-379-4668 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org