Fall 2017 Newsletter
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
LIGHT FOR THE PATH
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you.” Isaiah 43:2
Several years ago, my life took a major down turn; for months depression kept coming back. The Lord gave me this scripture (Isaiah 43:2) through a sister at church, it is what I held on to. He is faithful to help us through these rough times in our lives!
If you are experiencing depression, the Lord is giving Isaiah 43:2 to you also! Thank Him for His faithful Love to you – through faith in God’s goodness, know that He is able to turn your trials into joy, so you can help encourage others in their time of need.
A few years later, I hiked up Eagle Creek trail (OR) while on a fast. I was asking the Lord for direction for my life. He gave me Isaiah 40:31 – a new reason for life. He gave me the “strength to mount up” and the purpose; this was the first step towards His call on my life to Native Ministry. Yes! He wants to give you a second change too; and if you are on His Path already He has the power to keep you on it.
“Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”- Isaiah 40:28-31(NIV)
WARRIORS FOR CHRIST NEWS
Warriors for Christ Discipleship:
• Exciting News: Warriors for Christ will be heading to Flagstaff, Arizona November 15-18 to teach at Indian Bible College. We will be teaching 2 classes during the week using Walking the New Path and then have a weekend seminar for students and local Native Pastors. If you are in the Flagstaff area, please contact us so we can meet and have a meal together or come and minister to your church. Or we would love to see you at the seminar November 18th. Phone for more details.
We will also be spending time before going to Flagstaff, in Phoenix to talk with Dr. David Moore, American Indian College. If you have a church that would be interested in discipleship training and you live in the Phoenix area, let’s get together and talk. Or better yet, Warriors for Christ could come and minister in your church November 12th, in the morning or evening.
To make all this happen we need your help, support, and prayers.
Special needs for this trip:
Financial gifts to help cover – airfare, food, rental car, lodging
Copies of Walking the New Path for students and pastors
• Warriors for Christ outreach:
We are reaching out to Native Pastors on reservations and in urban areas to bring discipleship training to Native churches. We are currently talking with a pastor on the Umatilla reservation in Pendleton, Oregon. We hope to make a trip to Eastern Oregon in the near future for discipleship training using Walking the New Path. We could use your help with travel expenses for this outreach.
If you are a part of a Native church, give information to your Pastor about Warriors for Christ. It is our goal to provide training workshops in Native churches, to see lives changed, empowered by His Word, and then leave Walking the New Path, so those who have been through the training can disciple others. We are available for discipleship training in your church, or at the Warrior’s Path, Warriors for Christ’s headquarters in Port Townsend, WA.
Whether a Sunday morning service, weekend workshop, or a week long discipleship seminar, WFC would love to share Christ’s hope for the Nations to your church, reservation, or with a group of family and friends. Please share our Facebook and YouTube with your friends and family.
The prison ministry continues to grow and we continually are getting requests for materials, pen pals, and prayer. Could you help to write letters of encouragement and pray for those in prison? Could you pay for copies of Walking the New Path to be placed in prisons? Please let us know if you would like to bring Christ’s hope to those that are in a hopeless situation.
Warriors for Christ Online
We just posted the 3rd part of Lesson 3 – Who is Jesus Christ. The teaching is on What Jesus Christ does for you? Take a look at our YouTube channel and let us know what you think and leave a review.
Also, share with your friends and family. This is an easy way to share the Good News with those you love. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npzD-rvfHRI
These life changing videos can be used as a training tool for disciplers, for small group discussion, or for the general public. They can be used on the reservation, and in urban areas.. The videos have been well received. In addition, we have the Light for the Path playlist. These are topical studies. In the future, we will be adding Native testimonies.
We are currently exploring the possibility of putting Walking the New Path on Kindle to make it more accessible and cost effective. What do you think of this idea? Do you think that most people have the technology – tablets, smart phones, and laptops? We would like your input on this. In addition, we are adding more illustrations and pictures.
Warrior’s Path –
Warriors for Christ’s headquarters in Port Townsend, WA
The Discipleship Center has taken longer to complete than we were hoping, but this weekend we are going to get some help from Ben Killam. He has helped us with several projects here at the Warrior’s Path. The next step is the sheetrock will go up. If you live in the area and would like to help, let us know.
Pastor, please make plans with your church, or leadership, to come for discipleship training at the Warrior’s Path. The training could be a weekend or a week – long getting in depth training on the use of Walking the New Path and retreating to the beautiful Northwest!
As we develop the Warrior’s Path we have increased maintenance needs. We invite you, your family, and/or church to come by and lend a hand. Can you help with a project? Phone us so we can make arrangements. We are located just outside of Port Townsend WA with great recreational opportunities including the Olympic National Park, sailing, etc. It can also be a fun time for horseshoes, campfire, outside Gathering Place, etc. Some lodging is available.
We are making plans for a training time with a Crow Pastor at the Warrior’s Path.
WALKING THE NEW PATH
(Below is an excerpt of the Warriors for Christ discipleship course, Walking the New Path. Each newsletter we add a new section each newsletter.)
After praising the Lord for who He is, it is good to thank Him for all He has done for you and given you. Thank Him for things such as your family, health, your spiritual gifts, and your purpose in life, but also for your job, home, car, etc. Thank Him for your salvation, for His son’s sacrifice; for the Holy Spirit’s gift of power, wisdom, and comfort.
Even when problems (trials) hit your life you can thank God for who He is in faith rather than going by your situation/problems and our feelings.
“give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:18
“Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.” – Psalm 100:3-5
“I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service.” – 1 Timothy 1:12
3. Confession and repentance
“Confession” is when you tell God that you have sinned. The first and most important confession to make is to become a Christian by asking Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. He gave you a new life, a life of victory over all your sins.
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” – I John 1:9
This is a very important promise. The Lord can and will forgive you of all your sins. All you need to do is repent and confess. Be honest with God. Don’t compare yourself with others, but Father Creator’s holiness. When there is sin in your life, it can prevent God from answering your prayers, and your spiritual growth will stop.
” For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” – Hebrews 8:12
When you have sin in your life, you still have a relationship with the Lord through Jesus Christ, but you have hurt your fellowship with Him because of your sin. You can restore this fellowship through confession and repentance and turning away from sin.
Bitterness and unforgiveness can hurt your walk on the Lord’s path. Have you asked the Lord to take away the hurt from parents or past relationships? Stop and pray now. A nation can sin against Father Creator also. The United States government committed many sins against Native American nations. Yet, there is still need to forgive these past sins.
“let your ear be attentive and your eyes open to hear the prayer your servant is praying before you day and night for your servants, the people of Israel. I confess the sins we Israelites, including myself and my father’s house, have committed against you…” – Nehemiah 1:6-7
Do you have bitterness against a person, clan, nation, or race? If so, ask for the Lord’s power to forgive.
NATIVE PRAYER REQUESTS
• “Pray for Dillon who is an alcoholic, drug user and severely depressed. He hates living and doesn’t know how to feel or be loved. Please send him someone to show him a way out. Open his heart and eyes to the light and give him hope, show him love, kindness nd free him from addiction and past hurts. Provide light, help and encouragement for him. Command the demons be scattered and gone.”
• “Please could you pray for my amazing Dad Jeffrey who has terminal cancer caused by asbestos. His cancer is spreading aggressively and I am asking for prayer for his healing. He is becoming weak, is in terrible pain and needs physical strength as well as inner healing from cancer. I also pray for a clear mind for my Dad. Thank you so much.”
• “I need a job urgently, and also need healing…. Thank You Jesus for Your abundant provision and healing. Amen.”
• “Lord my heart is so heavy today I been praying for family unity for a long time. And I know you hear my prayer. My father 81 years old went to my brother today to make peace and my brother told him he had nothing to talk about and close the door in his face. I feel mt father’s pain despite his faults as a father he always was a good provider. Lord I decree satan take his hands off my family. This battle is not mind but your lord I can’t no more too much to bear but I Cass all my cares worries on you. God I know you still on the throne working miracles answering prayers. You can take the impossible and make it possible. Asking in Jesus name ….”
WARRIORS FOR CHRIST NEEDS
We need your financial help in several areas :
• $1,500. for travel expenses for discipleship training to Native churches – Our costs include: food, airfare, lodging, rental car for Flagstaff, Phoenix, Arizona and Pendleton, Oregon and Walking the New Path discipleship course at $35. per set for each person going through training.
• Warrior’s Path Scholarship fund – discipleship training at the WFC headquarters – $250 per week per person
• We are exploring the idea of getting an RV for the ministry so we could travel from church to church to do discipleship training. Do you or someone you know have an RV you would like to donate to Warriors for Christ to help facilitate this ministry?
Please pray for open doors as we reach out to Native Pastors in the United States and Canada
Regional Directors : Please pray for God to add to the staff of Warriors for Christ. We want to expand the ministry by recruiting and training Regional Directors to represent Warriors for Christ. Their main responsibility will be going to Native churches to provide discipleship training. In addition, we need volunteers who can help with maintenance at Warrior’s Path, office support, and technical help with the website, YouTube, and Facebook. Other areas you can help: Word press, prison ministry, prayer board and many more. Just ask how you can be involved.
Please look at the list of opportunities above, and pray about which needs the Lord would have you fill by partnering with Warriors for Christ through your service and/or financial gifts.
Make a monthly pledge, or a onetime gift,–. PLEASE Visit www.wfconline.org
and use our secure site to make your gift through PayPal. Or just send us a email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will mail you out a stamped return envelope.
WARRIORS FOR CHRIST
Warrior’s Path: 7026 Highway 20, Port Townsend WA 98368
Phone: 1-360-379-4668 Email: email@example.com
/ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R9BhTFfvmc